We have to grow stronger...
This article/section is in need of improvement. If you have a good knowledge of the subject, feel free to add your information to the article. Once improvements have been made, this notice may be removed.
Yohei Shimbori (新堀 洋平 Shinbori Yōhei) is a member of staff at Koei Tecmo, as part of Team Ninja. He has worked on previous Dead or Alive titles, including Dead or Alive Ultimate and Dead or Alive 4, and is currently the director for Dead or Alive 5 onwards (sans Xtreme series).
Background[edit | edit source]
Shimbori has had a long-term passion for fighting games; he had a tournament of a "certain well-known fighting game", and held his own tournaments while he was a student. His personal goal was to make an online fighting game, so he studied IT and basic programming in college and around the time he started working. This led to Shimbori being hired by Tecmo to work on Dead or Alive Ultimate (the first Dead or Alive game to feature online co-op), mostly as a tester.
After Ultimate was complete, Shimbori continued to work for Team Ninja during the development for Dead or Alive 4, primarily on the game's fighting system. Some of his ideas that made it into the final version of Dead or Alive 4 include bounce combos, critical launch height change, and ground strikes, as well as a lot of the changes in the strike system.
Currently, Shimbori is the director for Dead or Alive 5 onwards (sans Xtreme series).
Credits[edit | edit source]
- Dead or Alive Ultimate (2004) - Planner (as Yohei Shinbori)
- Dead or Alive 4 (2005) - Game Design (as Youhei Shinbori)
- Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 (2006) - Game Design
- Dead or Alive Paradise (2010) - Director (as Yohei Shinbori)
- Dead or Alive Dimensions (2011) - Director
- Dead or Alive 5 (2012) - Director
- Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate (2013) - Director
- Dead or Alive 5 Last Round (2015) - Director
- Dead or Alive 6 (2019) - Producer & Director
References[edit | edit source]
|Studios and Publishers|
|Koei Tecmo • Team Ninja • Tecmo|
|Directors and Producers|
|Current||Yosuke Hayashi • Yohei Shimbori|
|Sound and Music|
|Former||Kazuhiko Inaba • Takafumi Inamori • Ryo Koike • Shigekiyo Okuda • Hideyuki Suzuki|