Samurai Warriors (戦国無双 Sengoku Musō, Sengoku Musou in Japan, lit. Unrivaled Warring States) is a series of hack-and-slash video games created by Koei and, later, Koei Tecmo, specifically Omega Force, and a subseries to the Warriors series. The first title in the series, also called Samurai Warriors, was released in 2004 as a PlayStation 2 game. Currently, there are six main series titles.
Links to the Dead or Alive seriesEdit
Dead or Alive 5 Last RoundEdit
During both the 2015 Dead or Alive Festival and Tokyo Game Show of the same year, Koei Tecmo hinted that a new female fighter would emerge as a DLC character. Eventually, in February, they unveiled the character as being Naotora Ii. Just before her official unveiling, it was also revealed that the fourth Season Pass, in addition to the new character, would feature the full roster of the Dead or Alive 5 Last Round cast (exempting those from the Virtua Fighter franchise) would be cosplaying as characters from the various Samurai Warriors games.
- Samurai Warriors - Arcade (1993), Saturn (1994), Sega 32X (1995), Windows 95 (1996)
- Samurai Warriors 2 - Arcade (1995), Saturn (1995)
- Samurai Warriors Katana - Arcade (1994), Saturn (1996), Mega Drive/Genesis (1996), Windows 95 (1997), PlayStation 2 (2004), PlayStation 3 (2012), Xbox 360 (2012)
- Samurai Warriors 3 - Saturn (1996)
- Samurai Warriors Chronicles - Game Gear, Master System (1996)
- Samurai Warriors 4 - Arcade (1996), Saturn (1996)