- "Yeah! I'm gonna rock you!"
- —Tina in Dead or Alive 5
Tina Armstrong is a pro wrestler from the Dead or Alive series, who made her first appearance in the original Dead or Alive. She is the daughter of Bass Armstrong, the greatest wrestler who ever lived.
Tina enters the tournaments to get discovered, with a goal of becoming famous in Hollywood. However the path of fame isn't easy for her as Bass always tries to convince her that the Hollywood life isn't for her, but she tries to convince him that it is her dream. Most of their arguments lead to fights.
- 1 History
- 2 Endings
- 3 Character
- 4 Relationships
- 5 Gameplay
- 6 Appearances
- 7 Fighting quotes
- 8 Music themes
- 9 Voice actors
- 10 Gallery
- 11 Trivia
- 12 External links
- 13 References
- 14 Navigation boxes
The daughter of the famous pro wrestler Bass Armstrong and his wife Alicia. Tina was raised in a world of wrestling and was trained by her father. When Tina was six her mother died of an unknown illness, so Bass cared for the girl by himself, wanting her to follow in his footsteps. From a young age Tina was put through a rigorous training regime and by the time she was in high school, she was an expert wrestler in her own right. However, she started to have dreams and ambitions beyond the wrestling scene: she wanted to be discovered by Hollywood and become a famous starlet.
Tina entered the first Dead or Alive Tournament to please her father's wishes, but in a bid to make her dreams of fame come true, Tina's other reason for joining was to use it as a vehicle to be discovered by Hollywood. However, Bass forbade it, thinking that it wasn't a good idea for his daughter to end the wrestling career he built for her, so he entered the tournament to try and stop her from succeeding.
Tina made it into the finals but forfeited the last match. Kasumi won but she didn't take the prize money, therefore Tina took it instead.
Tina entered the second tournament in hopes of becoming a supermodel. Along the way, she had an argument with Leifang about what true power is; while Tina said it's about brute, physical strength, Leifang told her it's all about the mind. She also met up with Zack, who tried to ask her out, but Tina was not interested in him, she gave him a mirror and told him to "use it".
Later on, Tina had to fight with Bass once again, and managed to defeat him. After the tournament, she got her wish and went on to be a supermodel for a show on the television.
Being a woman of boundless ambition and a thirst for great fame, after she finally made her debut in Hollywood as a model, Tina decided that she wanted to be an actress. Since the Dead or Alive Tournament gave her a big chance last time, she entered the third tournament to promote herself. Bass tried to stop her once again but she got annoyed at him, telling him that it's her dreams and he's not the boss of her any more. She defeated him in battle, and went onto star in a war-action film. She also passed by her father afterwards, apparently oblivious that he needed her help regarding his motorcycle breaking down.
Tina joins the fourth tournament, this time in order to become a rock star, much to her father's dismay. During the tournament, Tina confronts La Mariposa. Both seem to insult each other on their ambition and appearance, but only to do it for the show. After the fight, Tina confronts her father. After a quarrel over the new dream to become a rockstar, Tina goes on to defeat Bass in the ring.
After the fourth tournament, Tina stars in a music video in which she rides in on a skateboard, playing the electric guitar. She also takes part in and wins a tag-team wrestling match alongside La Mariposa, in which it is revealed that the masked-wrestler is in fact her good friend Lisa. She also ended up in a film depicting her character embracing a guy on a beach in a suggestive manner. A snippit of this film was shown during a race Bass was involved in, which resulted in him losing the race as a result due to shock at her presence in it.
Having retired after her previous successes, Tina is once again inspired to come back into the ring after having an impromptu sparring session with Mila. After winning a friendly tag duel with her against Eliot and Brad Wong, Tina is recruited into the fifth tournament by Zack, whom she easily defeats in a fight. Later, she fights Sarah Bryant, after getting furious with Zack for mistaking the woman as her.
At a D.W.A. exhibition, Tina fights Mila again, and this time she wins. Tina then thanks Mila for inspiring her to fight again and they promise each other to see each other again in the Dead or Alive 5 finals. Afterwards, she publicly announces her plans of entering the fifth tournament. This catches the attention of Bass (who has also retired from wrestling and now works with Rig on a DOATEC offshore oil plant) causing him to enter the tournament under the guise of "Mr. Strong".
At the tournament, Tina faces of against Bass in the quarterfinals. She easily sees through his disguise and is a bit embarrassed. In the end, Tina loses the fight, but she convinces Bass to join her in a father-daughter team. She even announces that she plans on running for state governor, much to Bass's dismay.
Tina continued to act as a mentor for Mila. She also had Lisa and Mila spar with each other to see if the former had fully recovered from earlier events. She also relayed to Zack her intentions if she were to become governor while training with him, and after a sparring match, was shocked to learn from Zack that she couldn't actually run anyway since she was too young.
She later encountered Honoka while doing a wrestling match with her dad, also noticing Honoka's eagerness to fight and offering her a free round. Although Tina bested Honoka, she nevertheless offered a rematch in the future, which Honoka eagerly accepted. She and Bass later had an exhibition match against Helena regarding a sponsor, with Helena unveiling Rig as their sponsor once she was beaten. She eventually fought against Eliot during the tournament proper.
Arrival on the Venus Island
Tina, wanting a break from her stardom as a rockstar, actress, and model, and possibly also to get away from her overbearing father due to a fight over how to market their new Muscle pro wrestling organization, went over to the Venus Islands incognito for a vacation. She then lounged at the pool area upon arrival, and was about to formally check in only to encounter the Owner of the island, who had scouted her out earlier. After noticing him photographing her, she then signed her name to a form, believing he wanted an autograph and even allowed him to take pictures, although he then admitted he wasn't a fan of hers and, if anything, outside of scouting her out, he never even heard of her before. He then offered a proposal to her that she participate in the Venus Festival of beauty and strength. Tina accepted, anticipating that would help her stardom significantly.
- See also: Tina's costumes
Tina has fair skin and blue eyes. Her hair color has changed since the first game; in the original Dead or Alive, she has dark brown hair, with the exception of her sixth costume, which depicted her as a blonde, but since Dead or Alive 2, she's been a blonde. In an interview with Team Ninja, they said that the reason why Tina was a brunette in the original Dead or Alive was because the graphics on the Arcade version wouldn't allow it, thus being blonde in later games, starting in the Sega Saturn port.
Ever since, Tina has become one of the most famous and recognizable video game blondes and icon in the gaming world known for her sex appeal and her large bust. Her appearance and default costumes usually show her southern upbringing, cowgirl outfits and urban rockstar like casual wear with with American flag outfits showing her patriotic side and most often wearing pendant necklaces that represent that. Being a wrestler, Tina has donned various wrestling gear outfits with over reach of many eras of style from the '80s until this day, both Japanese yoshi female wrestlers and also American style females in wrestling, including her very own famous black leather bikini with metallic silver vest, tassels and boots wrestling outfit. Tina's outfits from the original Dead or Alive would soon be the inspiration for Mila's outfits in Dead or Alive 5.
In the latest installment, she has a more realistic appearance, with oval face and more proportionate features. Her attire is the most revealing in this installment, with plunging necklines showing ample cleavage, tight bodyhugging pants, shirts and skirts, along with high-heeled and platform-heeled shoes. In some costumes, she also has her top tied in a knot at the front.
Prior to Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate, she also had the largest bust size among the female cast, eventually being beaten out by Rachel in the aforementioned game, who likewise would be beaten out by Honoka in Dead or Alive 5 Last Round. Although she currently has the third-largest bust of the female fighters, she is the only one of the top three to be a regular human, without any special powers. In Last Round she gains a new hairstyle: blonde short pigtails. She also received brown hair in her Fairy Tail DLC that's similar to her original Dead or Alive appearance, as well as white hair in her Aquaplus DLC and red hair in her Falcom(R) DLC.
Tina is extroverted, strong-willed, and hard-headed, allegedly taking after her father Bass in the latter traits. She also seems to take fighting seriously. Tina, adhering to the concept of the American dream, is a girl with big dreams and will do anything to achieve them, no matter who or what tries to stop her. Following her motto "success breeds success," Tina aims high in everything she does, especially in her career goals, and is frequently entering a new profession to the point of being unrealistic. She is a tough dreamer and hates it when people (especially her strict and overprotective father) tell her what she can and can't do, showing her independent outlook. However, she seems to recognize that she is gutsy and aggressive, saying that she inherited this personality trait from Bass. She is also implied to be a cowgirl who was born and raised in Texas possibly in the countryside.
On the other hand, Tina does have a kind and soft side as shown in Dead or Alive 5 when she tells Mila that pretty girls shouldn't fight or helps by sparring not long after they meet. She also indicated that she cared about the well being of children, which acted as another reason for her deciding to run for Governor (although she was forced to give up on that goal when she learned from Zack that she was legally too young to run). In addition, she also allowed Honoka a free match against her, and was genuinely impressed enough with Honoka that she even offered her an opportunity to fight again in the next tournament. She also encouraged Misaki to be more self-confident about herself, and personally told the Owner that she had confidence that Misaki would make a great Venus. On a similar note, although very much willing to ensure she benefits from whatever actions she undertakes, she is also capable of selflessness as well, as during her stay on the Venus Islands, she insisted that the events of the festival were meant to be "everyone's story" rather than just her own.
Tina, at least while in the ring, also has great confidence in her sex appeal, which she exhibits through her outgoing personality; some of her winning poses and sayings seem to be more sexually suggestive than those of the other female characters. Her confidence as such was significant enough that, when doing an interview for the Venus Festival, she willingly provided her measurements, even going as far as to claim she "lets it all hang out and is proud of it." She's using her role as a fighter and her wrestling career more as a foothold to reach more glamorous professions rather than a way of life. She is very confident in her abilities - including her skills in wrestling, glamour modeling, acting and music.
The name "Tina" is a short form of "Christina" and, less commonly, of other female names ending in -tina. Christina is a form of "Christiana," the Latin feminine form of "Christin," meaning "a Christian." Christiana was the name of an early saint who was tormented by her pagan father. This could link to Tina's controlling relationship with her own father.
Her surname "Armstrong" is of Scottish origin, and meanings "strong in the arm"; a perfect fit for a family of pro-wrestlers.
Bass is Tina's father and is really protective towards her, still viewing her as his little girl. Like most fathers, Bass dislikes her using her sex appeal. He doesn't hesitate to meddle in her affairs, but only out of love and tries to keep an eye on her at all times. This causes friction in their relationship, as Tina sees herself as her own person and wants to make her own choices. Their disagreements often lead to real fights in the ring and Tina more or less wins every time. Although they hardly ever get along, the two can be close at times. Tina was also grateful for Bass raising her due to her mother dying prematurely and putting up with her.
During the events of Dead or Alive 2, Bass guards her from men like Zack, and he disagrees with her dreams of being something big in the entertainment world, as she wanted to become a model. He believes that it isn't a good career for a young lady. During the events of Dead or Alive 3, Bass attempt to prevent his daughter from becoming a Hollywood actress in a movie. During the events of Dead or Alive 4, Tina has set her sights on a new goal; to become a rock star. Once more, her father detest the idea and sets out to stop her.
During the events of Dead or Alive 5, Tina returns to fight in Dead or Alive tournament, much to her father's dismay knowing she is up to something. Bass defeats his daughter, but in her announcement, she has declared that she is going to run for government. Bass is overly upset, but is forced to hide it from of thousands of fans which would expose him as an overly protective father. He is forced to accept the idea in front of fans viewing worldwide. It is unclear whether Bass was aware of Tina renouncing her goal to become governor by the sixth tournament or not.
In Dead or Alive Xtreme Venus Vacation, Tina admits she recently had a falling out with Bass, which was implied to be part of the reason she left for the Venus Islands incognito. Shortly after she did a virtual date video at the Owner's suggestion, she got a call from Bass, to her shock, with it leading to yet another fight between the two, before she admitted it was tied directly to their planned pro-wresting organization, The Muscle, more specifically how to market it (Bass preferring to do a live series, while Tina suggesting they do social media).
Zack used to hit on Tina in a absurd way and would often ask her out, although she has never liked him in that way and refused to go out with him, taunting him about his outrageous appearance. After many rejections, Zack finally moved on with Niki and in Dead or Alive 5 the two may have broken up. Tina also takes enjoyment in teasing Zack; if the two of them win a tag-team fight, Tina would high-five Zack, but as he does it back, she would jump to the side and let him fall onto the ground.
Despite her not particularly liking Zack in the manner he wants, she does nonetheless value him as a friend, as she personally told him what her plans would have been had she run for Governor while working out and making small talk, and even offered a sparring match with him, although she does tell Zack that he should have informed her sooner when he off-handedly mentioned that she was legally too young to run.
Tina has been friends with Lisa since their school days and their friendship has remained strong right into their adult lives. In Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball and Xtreme 2, they are eager to be each others partners, have friendly scenes on Zack's Island, and naturally have many music notes of fondness for each other when conversating.
Although during Dead or Alive 4 they taunt each other in the ring - with Tina claiming that Lisa was hiding the fact she is ugly under her mask, and Lisa calling her stupid - that was just an act for the audience, and they go on to become wrestling partners.
In Dead or Alive 4, they share a tag alliance of three team-ups; Two instigated by Tina and one instigated by Lisa. In Dead or Alive 5, they maintain their tag alliance, but in addition, they add personal calls where Tina will call for "Lisa" or "Mariposa" (depending on Lisa's wardrobe) when tagging in for her while Lisa will call for "Tina" when tagging in for her. They also have pre-fight and winning post-fight animations. It is unclear whether Tina is aware of Lisa's former connection to MIST, although she implies that she was at least aware that Lisa may have been injured as she asks her if she was okay, and also tells Mila to help in Lisa's rehabilitation by fighting her.
Stemming from a disagreement on the philosophy of martial power. Tina and Leifang have since become rivals of a sort, if not for any other reason than for their difference in opinions. Despite the rivalry, the two do seem to respect one another. Their tag team poses, team-ups and calling each other's name to back each other, however, show potential in the two resolving their differences and in fact having strengths the other doesn't have.
During the Second Dead or Alive tournament, Before they battle, Tina shouts, "This is power, Leifang!" She lifts a boulder and throws it right at Leifang's feet. Leifang gives a look of determination and tells Tina, "You don't know anything about power." Leifang leans over the boulder and demolishes the boulder with a single palm. Tina is impressed by how much power Leifang truly yields and whistles long and lowly due to it. During Dead or Alive Xtreme 2, it appears the two are getting along with each other but still consider themselves as rivals. In Dead or Alive 5, it is shown that they are now friends, as they pose together after a victory in a tag match, however the two still continue their friendly rivalry. Despite this, Xtreme Venus Vacation indicates they still had a fundamental disagreement on what power entailed, to the extent that it nearly came to blows before the Owner and Luna had them instead compete via a beauty contest to settle their differences, which worked to an extent. It's also implied during the same event that Tina was aware of Hitomi and Leifang's BFF status, since she correctly deduced Leifang had also arrived at the island from her earlier meeting with Hitomi.
Tina met Mila at Johnny's Diner, where Mila worked as a waitress. Mila recognizes Tina simply as Bass Armstrong's daughter. Tina encouraged Mila to enter the fifth Dead or Alive tournament and helped her train via sparring. Mila happily accepts and the two train together at the gym. They even spar with Brad and Eliot in a tag battle after she beat Brad in a match. Mila's fighting spirit helped Tina to return back to the ring and enter the fifth Dead or Alive tournament after her retirement. The two fought in the ring where Tina thanks Mila for inspiring her to fight again and they promise each other that they'll make it to finals, until both happened to be lost at the same quarter row of the tournaments by her father Bass (whom Tina cannot be fooled by his Mr. Strong disguise) and Hitomi respectively.
As the sixth tournament starts, Tina cheers for Mila’s upcoming fight with Bass. Before the tournament begins, Tina also introduces Mila to Tina’s old college friend and fellow wrestler Lisa Hamilton, a.k.a. La Mariposa, during the latter’s visit, even having Mila fight her as part of Lisa's "rehabilitation".
Tina had a rivalry with Sarah Bryant, and once fought her after Zack mistook the latter for Tina, although the specific origins of the rivalry are unknown. Nonetheless, they do have some degree of mutual respect for each other's abilities, due to their sharing a tag throw, plus a tag intro and outro.
Tina and Hitomi were briefly acquainted with each other during the third tournament. They seemed to get along pretty well, evidenced by the casual conversation between the two where Tina explained her goal to become a Hollywood actress, to Hitomi's disbelief. Hitomi was also one of the first to realize Tina had arrived at the Venus Islands, and eagerly welcomed her, also introducing her to Misaki, explaining she was on Movies and TV earlier, and she also acted as the cook for the welcoming party preparations.
It is unclear whether Tina and Honoka have ever actually met each other or interacted during the fifth tournament, although Honoka was at the very least familiar with her, as she sometimes calls out her name during a tag match. Presumably, she knew of Tina via various pro-wrestling shows she had watched.
Tina and Honoka had a formal encounter while the former was fighting her dad, Bass, on the Muscle, with Honoka watching and even trying to mimic Tina's fighting style. Tina, noticing this, then offered Honoka an opportunity to fight her, an offer that Honoka eagerly accepted. Honoka was ultimately defeated by Tina with enough force that Honoka acknowledged that Tina was very strong, with Tina politely thanking her and offering to let her have a rematch sometime in the future. It was this fight in particular that piqued Ayane and Hayate's interest in Honoka, or more specifically, her ability to copy fighting styles that was all too familiar to them.
Although first meeting her face to face when the Owner had her give Tina a tour of the Venus Islands, she indicated that she was at least familiar with Tina (or as she called her, Star Tina) from various movies and TV shows she'd been in. She evidently looked up to Tina, and was eager to give her a tour of the island. Tina for her part also gained quite a bit of respect for Misaki, even admitting she was the "best" thing about the tour and encouraging her to gain more self-confidence.
Luna met Tina during the latter's welcoming party after she inserted herself into a conversation between Tina and the owner agreeing to the well-prepared feast due to it having plenty of roasted sweet potatoes. Tina also briefly was amused by Luna's antics, though she quickly apologized for laughing and admitted she herself also liked roasted sweet potatoes, even offering to eat some with Luna. When Tina ended up getting into a severe argument with Leifang over past events involving a rock, Luna initially suggested letting them argue it out until it nearly came close to them getting into a physical fight, with Luna then suggesting as an idea for settling their dispute them doing a beauty contest due to it being one of the themes for the Venus Festival besides strength. This ultimately worked, with it being implied that Luna arranged for them to be tied as a way to settle their differences, which worked to an extent.
Like her younger sister, Misaki, she was familiar with Tina from various TV shows and movies she had been in. She eventually met her face to face by accident during a guided tour by Misaki. She also divulged that she had a similar acting profession to Tina, albeit as a stage actress. Tina was impressed with this, and especially that Nagisa was a good older sister to Misaki. She even offered to work with Nagisa in a stage production some time.
The two met during an impromptu 2nd edition of Beach Masters involving a supposed livestream, with Tina acting as the final opponent for Nanami regarding a beauty contest, owing to the Venus Festival focusing on a girls' strength and beauty. It ultimately ended in a draw due to both their suits being destroyed while posing, with Tina congratulating Nanami in a sportsmanship manner. They eventually learned alongside Misaki that the Owner faked the whole conference as an excuse to hold the event again, much to their chagrin.
Dead or Alive
- See also: Tina's command lists
Tina's fighting style consists of wrestling moves, including arm and leg jams and powerful throws. Although one the slowest of the female characters, her physical strength actually makes her quite a balanced character. Tina is essentially a faster version of Bass; she shares quite a lot of his moves and strings but has generally more options and ways to mix up her opponent. Her throws, while devastating, are less powerful than her father's, bar a small number of exceptions, and her execution time is quicker. Additionally, Tina's command list is unpredictable, having mix-ups that force her opponent to properly defend to avoid being floored or stunned. Her mixture of mid kicks and high punches, along with the correct timing of a throw execution is excellent in keeping an opponent off-guard. She also has numerous offensive holds in later games that she can use in an assortment of situations, and her defensive holds are powerful as well, especially in environments littered with danger zones and hazards. Range, safety and power are also no problem for her, having moves with good reach and several that hit particularly hard, especially those with close hit properties. Pressure is no problem either, having quite a handful of guard breaks and moves that will place her in a favorable position.
Her ground game is quite strong as well, as she has ground throws that will cause guaranteed damage rather than merely picking her opponent off the ground for momentum like her father. Air throws are also in her arsenal, and certain moves can be chained into a throw on-hit. Her only main weakness is her lack of general moves; although she's not as limited as her father Bass, she's not as varied up close, which forces careful defense and use of her attacks when dealing with more varied opponents. Her juggles are also relatively short and limited, which can hurt her damage output if the stage doesn't have any nearby danger zones, and her wall carry leaves much to be desired. With all of this in mind, she's still a very strong fighter and is adept at both aggressive and defensive play thanks to her mix-ups and her strength that can quickly turn a fight around with just one correct throw or counter hit.
Dead or Alive 6 not only raises the threat of her throws due to the game's higher throw damage percentage, but she also has a new air throw (useful as a new juggle ender), new attacks with an on-hit throw if they successfully land, and she's received a new quicker ground stomp similar to her father so she's not limited to her elbow drop that can leave her wide open if the opponent successfully gets up.
The following are Tina's official stats as listed in the games.
|Dead or Alive 5 (5+)||3/5||5/5||4/5||4/5||2/5||3/5|
|Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate
Dead or Alive 5 Last Round
Dead or Alive Xtreme
In Dead or Alive Xtreme, Tina can be a bit hard to recruit, since it might be a bit hard to find enough of her favorite things but she can be befriended with the right items. In Dead or Alive Xtreme 2, there are more items available for Tina that she likes making it slightly easier. Tina herself can get anyone as her partner, although she can have a hard time with Leifang and Kasumi. She can easily become partners with Lisa, her best friend.
In beach volleyball, strength is Tina's only good point, so she can easily knock down weaker players with her spikes and has some hard-hitting throw combos. Her biggest weakness is her lack of speed and jump skill, making it hard for her to run after the ball if it goes out of reach. Ideally, she would make a really good partner for a weak but fast player, like Leifang, Kasumi, or Ayane. For a strong, powerhouse team, having her team-up with Hitomi is the best bet but one must remember that neither of them are very fast.
The following are Tina's official stats as listed in the manuals for both Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball and Xtreme 2.
Dead or Alive series
- Dead or Alive games (playable, 1996-98)
- Dead or Alive 2 games (playable, 1999-2000)
- DOA2: Hardcore games (playable, 2000)
- Dead or Alive 3 (playable, 2001-02)
- Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball (playable, 2003)
- Dead or Alive Ultimate games (playable, 2004-05)
- Dead or Alive 4 (playable, 2005-06)
- Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 (playable, 2006)
- Dead or Alive Paradise (playable, 2010)
- Dead or Alive Dimensions (playable, 2011)
- Dead or Alive 5 (5+) (playable, 2012-13)
- Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate (playable, 2013)
- Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Arcade (playable, 2013)
- Dead or Alive 5 Last Round (playable, 2015)
- Dead or Alive 6 (playable, 2019)
- Dead or Alive Xtreme Venus Vacation (playable, add-on, 2022)
DOA: Dead or Alive
In the movie DOA: Dead or Alive, Tina (played by Jaime Pressly) is a pro-wrestler who enters the tournament to prove that she has real fighting skills, unlike (according to the movie) most pro-wrestlers. Her various job aspirations from the video games are not mentioned. In the movie, Tina seems to have a close friendship with Kasumi and the two share many scenes together. They are also partners for the volleyball match. She also appears to dislike Christie, though does help Christie when she needs it.
Her friendliness towards the other girls in many scenes leads her father Bass to believe she might be a lesbian, which was never mentioned but frequently implied. Zack is apparently in love with her, teasing her throughout the movie. Tina defeats him halfway through, after which he decides to support her through the rest of the tournament.
In one scene, Bass reveals that her full name is "Christina," although, like many parts of the film, this does not seem to have been acknowledged in the games and for the majority of the film she is referred to by all characters as simply "Tina."
- Dead or Alive/Dead or Alive 1 Ultimate
- Dead or Alive 2/DOA2: Hardcore
- Dead or Alive 3
- Dead or Alive 2 Ultimate
- Dead or Alive 4
- Dead or Alive Dimensions
- Dead or Alive 5
- Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate
- Dead or Alive 5 Last Round
- Dead or Alive 6
The following are the music themes used for Tina throughout the series.
Note that both the Dead or Alive++ and Dimensions themes have no official names.
|"Power is Beauty"||Dead or Alive (arcade, 1996)|
Dead or Alive (Sega Saturn, 1997; Arcade Mode)
Dead or Alive 1 Ultimate (Arcade Mode)
|"Power is Beauty~more beautiful mix~"||Dead or Alive (PlayStation, 1998; Tournament Mode)|
Dead or Alive 5 Last Round (optional theme)
Dead or Alive 6 (optional theme)
|"Tina's theme"||Dead or Alive++|
|"You are under my control ~beautiful version 00~" (or "You Are Under My Control")||Dead or Alive 2 and DOA2: Hardcore games|
Dead or Alive 2 Ultimate
Dead or Alive Online
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate (optional theme)
Dead or Alive 5 Last Round (optional theme)
Dead or Alive 6 (optional theme)
|"True Beauty"||Dead or Alive 3|
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate (optional theme)
Dead or Alive 5 Last Round (optional theme)
Dead or Alive 6 (optional theme)
|"Tina (or You Are Under My Control) Remix"||Dead or Alive 2 Ultimate (Ray House; as "Tina Remix")|
Dead or Alive 4 (Crash Club; as "You Are Under My Control Remix")
|"I Feel For You"||Dead or Alive 4|
Dead or Alive 5+
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate (default theme)
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Arcade
Dead or Alive 5 Last Round (default theme)
Dead or Alive 6 (optional theme)
|"Tina's theme"||Dead or Alive Dimensions|
Her voice actors were Mami Koyama in Dead or Alive as well as Yūko Nagashima in each game since Dead or Alive 2 for the Japanese versions. Although generally voiced with a very boastful and loud, yet nonetheless somewhat feminine tone owing to her prideful and determined personality, Mami's voice work for Tina had her sounding slightly deeper in tone.
In the English versions, she was voiced by Sally Dana for Dead or Alive 2 and Kate Higgins in Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 onward. Owing to the character's implied origins in the American South, Tina was voiced with a slight Southern accent.
- It's heavily presumed that Tina is from the southern region of the United States due to her cowgirl-themed costumes and recognizably southern accent in English translations.
- On the English page for Tecmo's old official site for the first game, it claims she originally hailed from Kansas City, although given that the stories on the page do not match the actual story of the characters, actually being an attempt to localize the game at the time, may not be true.
- Due to her sex appeal, Tina won 2 awards on G4's Video Game Vixens TV show back in 2005: "Dirtiest Dancer" and "Video Game Vixen of the Year." Plus, she was #14 in UGO Networks' "Top 50 Videogame Hotties" list in 2010, and IGN featured her in their "Videogame Babe of the Day" series in 2006.
- Throughout the series, Tina has been shown to own convertibles, as she drives a pink convertible in Bass' Dead or Alive 3 ending, and owns a red convertible in Dead or Alive 5.
- Tina is the only character in the series to have a complete hair color change. Starting off as a brunette in the first game, and then going blonde throughout the rest of the series.
- She originally was going to be a killer dancer, with her concept design in this stage even depicting her as a slight redhead with lingerie, tanned skin, and also flipping the bird.
- Interestingly, given her rebellious attitude with her father Bass, Tina's hair color change is similar to a Japanese social taboo, where kids dying their hair blonde was a sign of rebellion due to blonde being considered a stereotypical representation of Western/American culture.
- Even though Tina was not in Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 during its initial release, her Japanese voice can sometimes be heard shouting "Nice Spike" instead of the assigned partner's voice due to a glitch, implying that she was intended to be included during early development.
- She is, however, going to appear in the Dead or Alive Xtreme Pachinko machine, and also for Xtreme Venus Vacation, debuting in the DMM and Japanese Steam version on January 28, 2022, as well as February 3, 2022 in the Singapore Steam and Johren version with the latter. This also makes her the second girl to debut earlier in the Steam version, after Nagisa.
- Tina is the only character in Dead or Alive 5: Ultimate and Last Round to show her gravure as her training.
- When playing Arcade Mode on Legend difficulty in Dead or Alive 5, Tina will always appear as the final opponent on stage 8, even if she has already been fought at a previous stage.
- During the 4th anniversary livestream for Dead or Alive Xtreme Venus Vacation, Sakuta announced that Tina would be released by early 2022 around Spring to help celebrate the 25th anniversary of the overall franchise, with her release date later announced as January 28, 2022. A twitter post released on November 28, 2021 indicated that Tina's development had just started as of that post, while a twitter post released on December 27, 2021 indicated that they had just designed at least one of her SSR suits. Additionally, Tina’s Japanese voice actor also confirms her character is currently in development for the said gacha game.
- On a similar note, in a Famitsu poll for who people would want to have included in Xtreme Venus Vacation in the leadup to the game's fourth anniversary, Tina won second place, being beaten out only by NiCO. She is also the only one whose release dates between the Singapore Steam/Johren versions and DMM/Japanese Steam versions were very close together (only being separated by a week).
- Befitting the series' 25th anniversary, Tina is the last girl from the first Dead or Alive game to be added to Venus Vacation.
- She is the fourth girl to not use honorifics for the Boss, after Misaki, Nanami and Elise, and the second to not be Japanese, after Elise. It's implied in her case that her lack of honorifics tied directly to her American nationality.
- In prior Xtreme games, her favorite food was mentioned to be Seafood, while in Paradise, it was mentioned to be Donuts and Coffee. Both were incorporated into Xtreme Venus Vacation, with Donuts and Coffee in particular being specified to be her favorite beverage. On a similar note, the seafood aspect was specified further in the Japanese version to be Thetad, otherwise known as lobster tail.
- As part of promoting her appearance in Dead or Alive Xtreme Venus Vacation, Tina briefly took over for Misaki on the Twitter account with it being stated in-universe that she wished to boost her SNS rating. Some of the posts entailed questionnaires, one of which requesting the specific category for her next suit (cute, cool, sporty or cosplay), while another asked about where they wished to take pictures of her, and the last asked if they were willing to do sexy poses with her.
- She is the seventh girl to explicitly give the Owner her measurements, after Nagisa, Monica, Sayuri, Tsukushi, Nanami, and Elise. She is also the second girl to willingly provide her measurements with no hesitation, after Elise.
- According to her self-introduction episode, Tina had at least one social media account, although she eventually relegated it to staff due to not being particularly impressed with how constantly updating it turned out to be until the Owner suggested she personally post her journey in the Venus Festival.
- She is apparently fond of dancing, as can be inferred by her gravures in the Xtreme series, including her tenth gravure in Xtreme Venus Vacation. This is also supported by the beginning of her fourth debut event episode where she was seen dancing in the beginning during her welcoming party.
- Tina is the second girl in Xtreme Venus Vacation to have a paid collab suit, after Elise. In her case, her suit is modeled after Katsuragi from Senran Kagura (which was based on Tina's Katsuragi DLC outfit from Dead or Alive 5 Last Round).
- On a similar note, Tina being the main challenger of the SSS match (provided the player doesn't use Tina in their team) of the Hanzo Girls Academy match block is most likely a reference to Katsuragi being affiliated with the group in Shinobi Versus.
- She is also the first DOAXVV add-on girl to have her 2nd Star Gacha SSR debut in the Singapore Steam version instead of in the DMM version (as it was unveiled as part of the former's 3rd anniversary livestream), as well as the first to have an episode besides her live change episode unlocked upon its acquisition (in this case, an Extra Episode called Private Show that reuses one of Nyotengu's gravures involving a chair at the pole dance area). She does not actually say anything in this video.
- She is the first girl to have a significant amount of time (two months or more) between her first and second star gacha suits (taking from late January-early February to mid-to-late April/early May to debut), which would later be repeated with Amy (whose first paid SSR debuted in early April while her second paid SSR was mentioned to debut in July 2022).
- File:DOAXVV 4th anniversary poll results.jpg
- DOAX VenusVacation公式 on Twitter: "あれ？ティナさん、どうしたんですか？ 「ファンの声を聞くためにTwitterを使わせて欲しい」って… すごーい♪ ファンの声をSNSで聞くなんて、さすが『スーパースター』だね✨ じゃあ、オーナーさん しばらくの間ティナさんにバトンタッチ💖 #DOAXVV #ブイブイ https://t.co/km4ZK1OShe" / Twitter
- DOAX VenusVacation公式 on Twitter: "ハ～イ♪ みんなの「スーパースター・ティナ」よ✨ ファンのみんなの声をきかせてほしくて、 今日からしばらく、このアカウントを借りるわ♪ これからいくつかアンケートするから、 みんなが見たい「ティナ」をイメージして回答してね♪♥ #DOAXVV #ブイブイ https://t.co/sZhvqRsIJh" / Twitter
- DOAX VenusVacation公式 on Twitter: "【#ティナファンアンケート ①】 まずは、フェス用の撮影に使うコーデをアンケート♪ ファンのみんなはどのコーデを着た「ティナ」が見たい？ 2/2(水)11:59までに答えてね✨ 私にピッタリのコーデ、期待してるわ♪💖 #DOAXVV #ブイブイ" / Twitter
- DOAX VenusVacation公式 on Twitter: "【イベントエピソード紹介】 イベント『職業はスーパースター♪～新女神「ティナ」誕生～』開催中！ え？ みんなが私の歓迎パーティーをしてくれるの！？ ワォ、嬉しい！💖 パーティーまでの待ち時間に、島の案内を「みさき」がしてくれるのね♪ 「みさき」、案内よろしくね！ #DOAXVV #ブイブイ" / Twitter
- DOAX VenusVacation公式 on Twitter: "【#ティナファンアンケート ②】 ハ～イ♪ 回答ありがと♥ ファンのみんなが見たいコーデ、わかったわ♪ アンケートはこれで終わり…じゃないわよ？♥ テーマは「撮影してほしいシチュエーション」♪ 2/3(木)11:59までに回答よろしくね✨ #DOAXVV #ブイブイ" / Twitter
- DOAX VenusVacation公式 on Twitter: "【#ティナファンアンケート ③】 アンケートの回答、ありがと♪ ファンのみんなが好きなシチュエーション、わかるわ♪ 最後にもう一つだけ教えて♪ みんなは、私のセクシーショットが見たい？♥ 回答期限は2/4(金)11:59までよ✨ #DOAXVV #ブイブイ" / Twitter
- DOAX VenusVacation公式 on Twitter: "【アンケートのお礼】 アンケートの回答、ありがと♪ ファンのみんなのおかげで、 フェスにぴったりの写真が出来そう！ みんなで考えた「ティナ」だから、 完成したら、特別に見せてあげるわ♥ お楽しみに♪♥ #DOAXVV #ブイブイ https://t.co/7wMU14yugz" / Twitter
- DOAX VenusVacation公式 on Twitter: "【イベントエピソード紹介】 イベント『職業はスーパースター♪～新女神「ティナ」誕生～』開催中！ 歓迎パーティーも後半…次の相手は「レイファン」！？ 「因縁の対決」に決着をつけてやるわ♪ 「ルナ」とオーナーはレフェリーをお願いね！ 期間は 2/10(木)メンテナンス まで♪ #DOAXVV #ブイブイ" / Twitter
- DOAX VenusVacation公式 on Twitter: "【#ティナファンアンケート 📸写真公開♪】 #ティナしか勝たん #DOAXVV登場記念 #DOAXVV #ブイブイ https://t.co/AIruwzkUfX" / Twitter
- DOAX VenusVacation公式 on Twitter: "【ティナからのご挨拶】 ハ～イ♪写真どうだった？♥ ふふっ、ファンのみんなに喜んでもらえてるみたいで、私も嬉しいわ♪ みんなが選んでくれたおかげ、ありがと♥ それじゃあ、写真も完成したし、Twitterでの投稿はこれで終わり。 ヴィーナスフェスでの活躍を楽しみにしててね♪バイバイ♥#DOAXVV https://t.co/r3XqafP2LY" / Twitter
- DOAX VenusVacation公式 on Twitter: "オーナーさん♪ 「ティナ」さんの写真、とってもセクシーで素敵だったね✨ スーパースターのティナさんにぴったり💖 ティナさんが加わって、ヴィーナスフェスももっと盛り上がりそう♪ これからもよろしくね🏖オーナーさん♪ #DOAXVV #ブイブイ https://t.co/Q2qUixRdzh" / Twitter
|Playable||Kasumi • Hitomi • Helena Douglas • Leifang • Christie • Lisa • Tina Armstrong • Ayane|
|Non-playable characters||Niki • Zack|
|Games||Beach Volleyball • Blackjack • Poker • Pool Hopping • Roulette • Slot Machines|
|Other terms||Gift Giving • Swimsuits • Zack Dollars|
Accessory Shop • Bass Island • Casino • Hotel • Jungle • Niki Beach • Poolside • Private Beach • Radio Station • Sports Shop • Zack of All Trades
|"Brazilian Sugar" • "Bitchism" • "Come On Over (All I Want Is You)" • "Do It" • "Fe Real" • "Give Me A Reason" • "How Crazy Are You?" • "If It Don't Fit" • "Is This Love" • "I Want Your Girlfriend To Be My Girlfriend" • "Jesse Hold On" • "Me Gusta" • "Move It Like This" • "Lovin' You" • "Pegaito" • "Sweet And Deadly" • "The Kids Don't Like It" • "This Is It" • "Turn It Up"|
|Costumes • Item Collection Datasheet • Merchandise • Promotional Artwork and Wallpapers • Swimsuit Merchandise|
|Acupuncture • Central Intelligence Agency • Dead or Alive World Combat Championship • DOATEC • Donovan's Glasses|
ID Bracelet • Katana • Nanobots • Needle • Ninja • Nunchaku • Runaway Shinobi • Shuriken • Volleyball
|Ishikari Mountains • South China Sea • Hong Kong • DOA Island • Buddha • Waterwheel • Bamboo Forest • Forbidden Square • Gray Steps • Lab Complex • DOA Compound • Tina's Yacht • Ninja Clan|
|DOA: Dead or Alive Original Soundtrack|
|Playable||Kasumi • Tina Armstrong • Hitomi • Helena Douglas • Leifang • Christie • Lisa • Kokoro • Ayane|
|Non-playable characters||Niki • Zack|
|Games||Beach Flags • Beach Volleyball • Blackjack • Butt Battle • Poker • Pool Hopping • Slot Machines|
|Other terms||Bijin Tokei • Gift Giving • Girls Guide • Pole Dancing • Precious Memories • Private Paradise • Swimsuits • Venus Clips • Zack Dollars|
|New Zack Island|
Accessory Shop • Bass Island • Brilliant Jungle • Hotel • Niki Beach • Poolside • Radio Station • Sports Shop • Tranquil Beach • Zack of All Trades
|Dead or Alive Paradise Kossori Namaroku Voice & Soundtrack CD|
"Paradise!!" • "Sensational Fantasy" • "Beach Bomb" • "Coconut Groove" • "Nitro Funk" • "Violet Eyed Beauty" • "Rewind!" • "Curiosity" • "Boogie Circuit"
|Costumes • Item Collection Datasheet • Promotional Artwork and Wallpapers|
|Playable||Kasumi • Momiji • Hitomi • Helena Douglas • Marie Rose • Honoka • Nyotengu • Kokoro • Ayane|
|Post-DOAX3 Exclusives||Misaki • Leifang|
|PC Exclusives||Luna • Tamaki • Fiona • Nagisa • Kanna • Monica • Sayuri • Patty • Tsukushi • Lobelia • Nanami • Elise • Koharu • Tina Armstrong • Amy|
|Games||Beach Volleyball • Blackjack • Butt Battle • Poker • Pool Hopping • Tug-of-War • Beach Flags • Rock Climbing • Roulette|
|Other terms||Gift Giving • Pictorial Scenes • Pole Dancing • Stats • Swimsuits • Virtual Pictorial • Zack Dollars • Girl Mode • Owner Mode|
|New Zack Island|
Casino • Hotel • Niki Beach • Pool and Poolside • Sports Shop • Tranquil Beach • Zack of All Trades
|Achievements • Costumes • Downloadable Content • Item Collection Datasheet • Merchandise • Promotional Artwork and Wallpapers • Transcripts (Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 and Scarlet/Venus Vacation)|