Senran Kagura (閃乱カグラ) is a video game series originally produced by Tamsoft and later produced by Marvelous. The first title in the series, called Senran Kagura Burst, was released in 2011 in Japan only as a Nintendo 3DS game under the title Senran Kagura: Shōjo-tachi no Shinei (閃乱カグラ -少女達の真影-, Senran Kagura: Skirting Shadows). Currently, there are ten main series titles, plus various anime and manga derived from it. The series has included Dead or Alive guest characters in it's entries Estival Versus, Peach Beach Splash and New Link, with Ayane appearing in all of them, Marie Rose and Honoka being added to the later 2 and Kasumi appearing as a costume in all of them and appearing as herself alongside Tamaki in New Link, however the series has also had collaborations with the Dead or Alive games in the form of costumes.
Dead or Alive 5 Last Round
The first Senran Kagura-related crossover occurred in Dead or Alive 5: Last Round as the third DLC set in the Season 1 Pass. It features all the girls at the time of release barring Sarah Bryant, Pai Chan, and Alpha-152, each cosplaying as characters from Senran Kagura. The PS4 and Xbox One versions of the game also included destruction mechanics for their outfits, a la similar mechanics in Senran Kagura. The collaboration was done following Ayane's debut cameo in Estival Versus, and in turn lead to Honoka and Marie Rose's debut cameo in Peach Beach Splash, and Kasumi and Tamaki’s debut cameo in New Link.
Dead or Alive Xtreme 3
The game had two differing DLC sets based on Senran Kagura in Dead or Alive Xtreme 3, the first dealt with the costumes from Dead or Alive 5: Last Round, while the second dealt with swimwear modeled after some of the characters in Senran Kagura. Like before, it featured destruction mechanics.
Dead or Alive Xtreme Venus Vacation
On June 18, 2019, a crossover event between Xtreme Venus Vacation and Shinobi Master Senran Kagura: New Link occurred that lasted for two weeks. The first half featured five series of matches derived from each of the five school factions featured in New Link. In addition, each of the three girls have SSR swimwear for this event that are derived from the uniforms for the five factions, with using the right SSR suit for the right match also giving a 100% guaranteed bonus round featuring Kanna, Marie Rose, and/or Honoka (the latter if the player is using Kanna and/or Marie Rose). Several bromides derived from Senran Kagura were also issued for the then-upcoming Bromide modification mode after completing certain related tasks. Statues derived from the ones in Senran Kagura were also issued in bronze, silver, and gold varieties, as well as various poses, furniture, and photoshoot locations derived from New Link. The second half of the event rereleases the swimwear set for Senran Kagura in Xtreme 3, alongside the hairstyles for Hitomi, Honoka, Ayane, and Kokoro. The ending of the sixth episode for the event arc also has a voice-only cameo for Senko and Gekko from New Link. Aside from the SSRs, it also featured an SR for each of the girls in the current roster that was a white two-piece string bikini with the New Link logo on the right breast. A second crossover event occurred on March 17, 2022 and lasted for a week and a half. It added suits for all the girls released since the first crossover (except for Koharu and to a lesser Tina, as they were still behind a paywall at that time), as well as a paid collaboration suit for Tina that's modeled after her Katsuragi outfit from Dead or Alive 5 Last Round. A new SR suit was also issued, with Tina's SR in particular being required to be awakened in order to get the matching hairstyle for her SSR. In addition, Misaki, Tamaki, and Nagisa got swimsuits modeled after Kasumi, Nyotengu, and Marie Rose's swimwear, respectively during the second half, with reissues of the suits from the prior year as well.
Tamaki, who was introduced in this game accompanies Kasumi, Ayane, Marie and Honoka in the second collaboration with New Link. Although Leifang herself doesn't appear as a character during the second collaboration, she does make a brief appearance in the opening interaction between Gekko and Senko as well as Tamaki, and a costume modeled after her is utilized by various characters.
- Senran Kagura: Shōjo-tachi no Shinei and Senran Kagura Burst - Nintendo 3DS (2011-2012)
- Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus - PlayStation Vita (2013-2014)
- Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson - Nintendo 3DS (2014-2015)
- Senran Kagura: New Wave - Android/iOS
- Senran Kagura: Bon Appétit! - PlayStation Vita
- Senran Kagura: Estival Versus - PlayStation 4/PlayStation Vita (2015-2016)
- Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash - PlayStation 4/Steam (2017-2018)
- Senran Kagura: Reflexions - Nintendo Switch (2017-2018)
- Shinobi Master Senran Kagura: New Link - Android/iOS
- Senran Kagura: Burst Re:Newal- Playstation 4/Steam (2018-2019)
- Senran Kagura: Peach Ball - Nintendo Switch (2018-2019)
- The Senran Kagura games are the only ones thus far with multiple Dead or Alive guest characters that decided not to include Kasumi as a playable character for a while, opting to have only Ayane at first and then adding Honoka and Marie Rose and limiting Kasumi as an outfit for other characters, until the third collaboration with New Link when she was finally added.
- The option to kiss the girls in intimacy mode was removed for the Dead or Alive girls in Estival Versus and Peach Beach Splash for unknown reasons. Oddly enough the Pachinko Machine based on Dead or Alive Xtreme released a couple of years later allowed you to do that in a very similar form to the intimacy mode.
- On a similar note, the act of stripping the Dead or Alive girls by certain power blows when defeated was removed from Shinobi Masters.
- During the second collaboration, the final Hanzo Ninja Academy match has Tina as the ace opponent. As her outfit was derived from Katsuragi's default outfit, it's most likely a reference to Katsuragi's ties to that group in New Link.
|Playable||Kasumi • Momiji • Hitomi • Helena Douglas • Marie Rose • Honoka • Nyotengu • Kokoro • Ayane|
|Post-DOAX3 Exclusives||Misaki • Leifang|
|PC Exclusives||Luna • Tamaki • Fiona • Nagisa • Kanna • Monica • Sayuri • Patty • Tsukushi • Lobelia • Nanami • Elise • Koharu • Tina Armstrong • Amy|
|Games||Beach Volleyball • Blackjack • Butt Battle • Poker • Pool Hopping • Tug-of-War • Beach Flags • Rock Climbing • Roulette|
|Other terms||Gift Giving • Pictorial Scenes • Pole Dancing • Stats • Swimsuits • Virtual Pictorial • Zack Dollars • Girl Mode • Owner Mode|
|New Zack Island|
Casino • Hotel • Niki Beach • Pool and Poolside • Sports Shop • Tranquil Beach • Zack of All Trades
|Achievements • Costumes • Downloadable Content • Item Collection Datasheet • Merchandise • Promotional Artwork and Wallpapers • Transcripts (Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 and Scarlet/Venus Vacation)|