Patty is a young girl who first appeared in the April 30, 2020 update version of Dead or Alive Xtreme Venus Vacation.
History[edit | edit source]
She lived on an island at the Venus Islands, in close proximity to the island where the main resort was in development. Owing to this, she was familiar with the local Venus Festival, and also wished to try the hamburgers due to hearing of their excellent reputation. She frequently walked between the two islands with her treasured radio. One day, while walking, she accidentally dropped her radio near some shrubs, and spent a large part of the day trying to find it. She eventually found the owner and, determining him to be a good man due to his scent, also ended up learning that he found her radio. After properly introducing herself and explaining she lived close by, she then gladly accepted the Owner's offer to join the Venus Festival to repay him for his help.
Character[edit | edit source]
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Patty has very tanned skin and also possesses silver hair and grey eyes. Overall, similar to Misaki, while not quite as voluptuous as most of the other girls on the island, she nonetheless has an ample chest size.
Personality[edit | edit source]
She is shown have a very excited and peppy demeanor. In addition, in the Japanese version, similar to Marie Rose, and to a certain extent Honoka and Luna, she also tends to refer to herself in the third person. She is also shown to be somewhat eccentric, as she tends to smell newly-acquainted people to determine their overall natures when meeting them, and even to win a card game once, due to having a very keen sense of smell. Likewise, she also seems to treat her radio as if it were an actual person, even referring to it with the honorific "-san."
Etymology[edit | edit source]
Patty is a given name that's shortened for Patricia or Patrick, and is also a common name in Australia.
Relationships[edit | edit source]
Kokoro[edit | edit source]
Kokoro ended up partnered with Patty and also helping her find treasure around the island as part of her welcoming ceremony. Patty determined her to be a good person from her scent (although it is implied that Kokoro had simply bathed recently). She largely got along with Patty, although she was surprised when Patty proceeded to fan herself with the neckline of her blouse, especially while in front of the Owner, and felt disturbed when Patty was oblivious to why it wasn't a good idea.
Monica[edit | edit source]
Patty met Monica while trying to locate the fourth treasure during her welcoming ceremony. As Monica acted as the "guardian" for the treasure stamp, Patty had to compete in a card game with Monica for the stamp. Patty managed to win twice largely due to predicting what cards Monica was going to use via the latter's scent. Monica initially believed that Patty merely had beginner's luck, although she quickly realized she wasn't relying on beginner's luck the second time around. Impressed, she then invited Patty to do another game at the casino.
Helena Douglas[edit | edit source]
Helena and Patty met each other when the former was to act as the guardian for the last stamp, or rather, supply her with the stamp for all stamps collected during her welcoming ceremony. Although this was the first time they met face to face, Patty recognized her from one of her opera performances that played on the radio.
Tamaki[edit | edit source]
Patty sought out Tamaki to act as her mentor regarding being "fashionable" after the Owner suggested she do so. Tamaki agreed, under the condition that Patty do exactly what she says. After getting a feel for her measurements in order to allow Patty a more "hands on" determination of her three sizes, she then had Patty meet Fiona as part of the second lesson regarding fashion, and then prepared a dress for her as her final lesson, partly to allow Patty to "become" a princess. Patty was grateful to Tamaki afterward.
Fiona[edit | edit source]
Fiona met Patty at Tamaki's request as part of the latter's fashion lessons to the former. She was initially confused when Patty smelled her, wondering if she had something on her, until Patty explained she was smelling her glitter. Patty also detected Fiona's heartrate increase upon mention of the Owner, with Tamaki also explaining that was part of the reason why she was on the island and chose her attire. Patty briefly became despondent after learning the two came from completely different locations, thinking a princess' attire wouldn't fit herself, although Tamaki reassured her that it might.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Dead or Alive series[edit | edit source]
- Dead or Alive Xtreme: Venus Vacation (playable character, 2020)
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- During her debut period, Patty replaced Misaki as the avatar girl for the DOAXVV staff twitter account.
- Similarly, the twitter account also had a limited time showing of Patty's theme song in a slide show.
- Although Patty's eyes were shown as silver in-game, her chibi artwork depicts her with blue eyes.
- Although Patty is the fourth non-Japanese add-on character to appear in the game (not counting Leifang), she is the first one to have an explicit place of origin (hailing from one of the nearby islands to the Venus Islands, itself confirmed to be located within the South Pacific), as Luna, Fiona, and Monica did not have a confirmed country of origin outside of not being Japanese.
- She alongside Tsukushi and Lobelia are also the only ones to use an SSR outfit as their pre-determined outfit, as the others use their starter bikinis in those episodes.
- Patty is the second girl to have her "SSR received" animation be used for peek scenarios in live change episodes, after Nagisa and the other is Tsukushi (the other girls used the "SSR received" animation for their no-peek scenarios). Unlike Nagisa, however, her outfit received scene plays in full when it occurs.
- She is the only human character to have had a "special day" instead of a birthday, as well as the only character to have both a "special day" and a birthday, as the game made an update to list July 31 as being Patty's birthday instead of unknown. .
- She is also the only one thus far to have her photoshoot occur during her ring episode and not during her actual birthday episode.
- According to Sakuta D. in Famitsu's third anniversary coverage, her concept of a beautiful girl raised in an island country had been envisioned since the beginning of the game, but was not added until much later because they hadn't agreed on the overall character, setting, and charm. They also had written her under the theory that the island culture she hailed from would have been significantly different from the remainder of the cast, and had her engaging in technically immodest actions in order to reflect that character choice, even researching modifications of the Soft Engine to achieve this.
- The same section also indicated that one of her considered hair colors would have been black instead of white.
- Patty had the longest period between debuting and being released for free, taking five months. According to Sakuta during the events of the 3rd anniversary, the lengthy period of release was due to the events of the ongoing COVID-19 outbreaks and subsequent lockdowns.
- On a similar note, she also has the longest period between the previous girl going free and her debut, lasting a month and a half.
- She is one of only two girls to have her first SSR accessory simply placed in the SSR accessory ticket on the VIP shop instead of issued during a ranking event, the other being Tsukushi.
- Patty is the first girl to supply an actual title for her second episode instead of "self-introduction" or a variation thereof, with it later being repeated with Tsukushi and Lobelia.
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
|Playable||Kasumi • Momiji • Hitomi • Helena Douglas • Marie Rose • Honoka • Nyotengu • Kokoro • Ayane|
|Post-DOAX3 Exclusives||Misaki • Leifang|
|PC Exclusives||Luna • Tamaki • Fiona • Nagisa • Kanna • Monica • Sayuri • Patty • Tsukushi • Lobelia|
|Games||Beach Volleyball • Blackjack • Butt Battle • Poker • Pool Hopping • Tug-of-War • Beach Flags • Rock Climbing • Roulette|
|Other terms||Gift Giving • Pictorial Scenes • Pole Dancing • Stats • Swimsuits • Virtual Pictorial • Zack Dollars • Girl Mode • Owner Mode|
|New Zack Island|
Casino • Hotel • Niki Beach • Pool and Poolside • Sports Shop • Tranquil Beach • Zack of All Trades
|Achievements • Costumes • Downloadable Content • Item Collection Datasheet • Merchandise • Promotional Artwork and Wallpapers • Transcripts (Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 and Scarlet/Venus Vacation)|