We have to grow stronger...
This article/section is in need of improvement. If you have a good knowledge of the subject, feel free to add your information to the article. Once improvements have been made, this notice may be removed.
Like what you see?
Things are shaping up nicely...
This article/section is currently under construction. The information on this page should not be considered as accurate or complete. Please remove this tag if this page hasn't been edited recently.
Lobelia is a young girl who first appeared in the December 25, 2020 update version of the DMM and Japanese Steam versions of Dead or Alive Xtreme Venus Vacation.
- 1 History
- 2 Character
- 3 Relationships
- 4 Appearances
- 5 Music themes
- 6 Gallery
- 7 Trivia
- 8 Notes and references
- 9 Navigation boxes
Lobelia had been enthralled with flowers since she was a little girl. In addition, she lived in a mansion owned by a certain noble family in her home country, with her father often requiring her to do various tasks upon greeting visitors, including granting hospitality via flowers, and asking for her father the visitor's name, hobbies, personality, supplying flowers that suit the visitor, and flower quizzes. One day, a girl the same age as her, the princess of her country, Fiona, paid a visit at the behest of the latter's mother, with Lobelia, having previously been informed of Fiona's love of wisteria, putting it on the front door. After being politely thanked by Fiona, Lobelia, in her first competition with Fiona, gave her a flower quiz relating to wisteria, to which Fiona managed to provide a clever answer. The two have been good friends since that day, frequently attending picnics and even having a few sleepovers. Once, they even snuck out of the mansion at night to observe the moon before being caught by Lobelia's father and butler. However, Lobelia believed that she eventually should beat Fiona at something to settle the score, and awaited for an opportunity to do so.
Dead or Alive Xtreme Venus Vacation
By the time she was 18, Lobelia, having somehow ascertained that Fiona had gone to the Venus Islands, secretly followed her there. After arrival, upon investigating the flora of the island, she stumbled upon Fiona chatting with the Owner. After spying on them, she got an idea and proceeded to try and make herself a mistress toward the Owner. Upon learning that Fiona was in fact a participant in the Venus Festival, she decided to participate so she could compete with Fiona. Although she lost the first time around, she eventually managed to beat Fiona, eventually telling the Owner about their past and why she was determined to beat Fiona.
Lobelia has pale skin, long dark blue hair with a braid on the right side, green eyes, and similar features to Fiona, albeit with a smaller chest. Her default attire is an elaborate but revealing indigo dress somewhat resembling a noblewoman's outfit.
Owing to her horticultural expertise, she tends to make flower comparisons, is fluent in the flower language, and is even able to deduce girls' names by comparing their statures to those of flowering plants. She also tended to treat her flowers as if they were her pets or siblings, even naming some, and admitted that may have made her seem weird. She can also be fairly mischevious, such as when she managed to do a vicegrip on the Owner's arm when first meeting him under the pretense of being escorted to her Hotel room, as well as when she pretended to not recognize her friend Fiona when reuniting with her.
Due to her noble background, Lobelia in the Japanese version speaks with formal Japanese known as Keigo, although not nearly to the same extent as with her friend Fiona. Likewise, she also shows some awareness of some baggage that noble life has, as she admits to Nanami during small talk that marriages within nobility are rarely happy ones.
Lobelia is the name of a genus of flowering plants.
Her father is implied to be a noble in the same country that Fiona hailed from. He often had her give flower quizzes to visitors among the tasks he had her do when greeting them. He apparently was overprotective of her, as she implies twice that her father would not be happy with her entering a relationship with the Owner and even went as far as to suggest while pranking him that her father may have sent out someone to keep an eye on her. She also infers that part of the reason she was eager to enter a relationship with the Owner besides as a rivalry with Fiona was also as a response to her father's overprotection. Indeed, in her final episode, she also reveals her father was coming to the island after learning of the Owner from her, to her chagrin. Nevertheless, she is willing to report people to her father if they displease her, as evidenced by her threat when peeked at by the Owner, and was shown to care about his well-being enough to specifically request having photos taken so she can assure him that she's alright at the island.
Fiona was Lobelia's childhood friend and the two are very close. Lobelia even went to the Venus Islands largely due to Fiona herself going there. Her horticultural expertise was also arguably rivaled by Fiona's, due to the latter answering a question regarding her wreath's meaning in a clever way. While friendly with Fiona, she is not above trying to rival her for the Owner's affections.
She met Momiji when about to compete with Fiona in regards to rock climbing, with Momiji training her on how to rock climb, having expertise in the field due to her origins as a Dragon Shrine Maiden.
The two briefly interacted while waiting for the Owner to arrived at a pre-arranged place, having heard of her via the Owner. They complimented each other on their Jewel-based dresses, and also talked about possible romantic interests.
Lobelia met Elise as the latter was being helped by Nyotengu regarding. She gave some pointers to Elise regarding how to choose a suit for the festival, though she admitted the Owner's choice might have been a little too sexy.
Koharu stumbled upon Nagisa and Lobelia while shopping for meals, as the two were trying to find a particular novel. They then made small-talk about literary genres, with Lobelia relating to Koharu's love of Japanese classical literature since she herself also was fond of classical literature as well, albeit of more Western origin such as the Iliad. When asking why they were looking for a particular book, Lobelia stated she had her own secret reasons for wanting to read it.
Dead or Alive series
- Dead or Alive Xtreme: Venus Vacation (playable character, 2020, add-on)
The following are the music themes used for Lobelia throughout the series.
|"Blowin' My Mind"||Dead or Alive Xtreme Venus Vacation|
|"You Make Me Bloom"||Dead or Alive Xtreme Venus Vacation|
- Lobelia is the second girl to be released on or near Christmas day, after Nagisa. Coincidentally, both also had ties to established characters at that point (Nagisa for Misaki, and Lobelia with Fiona), and both also didn't appear fully on the website when first debuting (in Nagisa's case, she was identified solely as "Mystery Venus", and in Lobelia's case, she doesn't even appear in the notifications on the site, nor was her voice actress identified in the in-game announcement).
- On a related note, both Nagisa and Lobelia had similar aliases before formally debuting (Mysterious Woman in Nagisa's case, and Magic Lady in Lobelia's case), and both even called them names besides Owner/Boss ([insert expletive here] dog for Nagisa, and Honey for Lobelia).
- Even though her official debut event, "Lobelia and Wisteria ~ Honey of flowers in both hands ~", aired on New Years, the episodes within the event make absolutely no reference to New Years. Sakuta in the Fourth Anniversary interview with Famitsu implied that this was because Lobelia (and the various other girls starting with Patty) was meant to debut earlier, but was moved up to Christmas/New Years as a result of the COVID-19 lockdowns.
- She is the third girl to have someone other than the Owner appear in their debut episodes, after Tamaki and Nagisa. Of the three, she is the only one who is neither Japanese, nor is the other character Misaki (it is instead Fiona), and the only one where they do not directly interact, as Lobelia hid behind a tree and spied on Fiona and the Owner without being detected.
- She is the second character to use the honorific "-Sama" for the Owner, after Fiona. She also uses the Hiragana form.
- In the DMM version, she also has the shortest debut teaser in the game (only showing her hiding and then sneaking a peek at Fiona). It eventually was unveiled in full during the New Year event.
- Lobelia is the fourth girl whose nationality is unknown, the first three are Luna, Fiona, and Monica. The only thing known about it in her case is that she shares the same nationality as Fiona.
- Although not Japanese, she was familiar with certain traditions in Japan, such as Tsukimi/Jugoya.
- Lobelia is known to wear perfume, as demonstrated in her gacha received animation/no peek scenario where she sprays a bottle of it upon emerging in a new outfit.
- On a related note, she is also the fourth girl to wear perfume, after Monica (who admitted she may consider wearing it for card games with Patty as a deterrent to her sensitive sense of smell), Sayuri (who was implied to be wearing it when smelled by Patty), and Patty (who started applying coconut-flavored perfume in her ninth episode) and the only one of the four explicitly shown to wear it.
- Although her bio states her as having the same height as Fiona, the in-game renders for Lobelia depict her as slightly taller than the latter.
- In the Japanese version, similar to her friend Fiona, she utilizes the Keigo manner of speech, although to a far lesser extent, as she occasionally refers to the Owner with the Honorific "-Sama" (being transcribed in Hiragina instead of in Kanji in her case), and sometimes uses the polite form "kudasaru" in conversation.
- On September 21, 2021, a series of twitter posts by Lobelia were issued regarding a Jugoya date. The posts also implied that this Jugoya date was the reason why the Owner cancelled his studying stars with Misaki in the Stellar episodes and did it with Nanami instead.
Notes and references
|Playable||Kasumi • Momiji • Hitomi • Helena Douglas • Marie Rose • Honoka • Nyotengu • Kokoro • Ayane|
|Post-DOAX3 Exclusives||Misaki • Leifang|
|PC Exclusives||Luna • Tamaki • Fiona • Nagisa • Kanna • Monica • Sayuri • Patty • Tsukushi • Lobelia • Nanami • Elise • Koharu|
|Games||Beach Volleyball • Blackjack • Butt Battle • Poker • Pool Hopping • Tug-of-War • Beach Flags • Rock Climbing • Roulette|
|Other terms||Gift Giving • Pictorial Scenes • Pole Dancing • Stats • Swimsuits • Virtual Pictorial • Zack Dollars • Girl Mode • Owner Mode|
|New Zack Island|
Casino • Hotel • Niki Beach • Pool and Poolside • Sports Shop • Tranquil Beach • Zack of All Trades
|Achievements • Costumes • Downloadable Content • Item Collection Datasheet • Merchandise • Promotional Artwork and Wallpapers • Transcripts (Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 and Scarlet/Venus Vacation)|