We have to grow stronger...
This article/section is in need of improvement. If you have a good knowledge of the subject, feel free to add your information to the article. Once improvements have been made, this notice may be removed.
Honoka Fu is Honoka's self-taught fighting style.
Broken down, it seems to be an amalgam of various martial arts, including baji quan, pro-wrestling, pigua quan, she quan, taiji quan, zui quan, Jeet Kune Do, karate, taekwondo, xingyi quan, lucha libre, Combat Sambo, close quarters combat and ninjutsu. While she is capable of copying the various martial arts by sight similar to her father Raidou, it is not a perfect replication. This is especially evident in her first encounter with Ayane in Dead or Alive 6 , where she attempts to mimic Ayane's Mugen Tenshin (Hajinmon) style ninjutsu, only to end up landing square on her rear end.
Aside from it copying various fighters' abilities, her style also incorporates a bit of "Rock Paper Scissors" into the moveset (with Rock aiming low, scissors aiming high, and paper being the middle).
|Dead or Alive 5 Last Round|
- From her Hissatsu-no-Kamae (lit."Fighting Position of Annihilation") stance, Honoka's throws (Big Bang and Giant Swing ) possess the animations of Raidou's throws (Jinrai-Horaku and Tenho-Gorai-Sho, respectively).
- If one notices Honoka's right hand, it emits a red aura whenever she enters her Hissatsu-no-Kamae stance, and during the use of her Exploding Fist attack. Also, during the close-up sequence of her Power Blow, both of her hands emit red aura.
- Similarly, her aura is the same shade as Raidou's aura. This further hints that they might share a connection.
- It is heavily implied that Honoka Fu may be a variation of Raidou's modified version of Mugen Tenshin (Tenjinmon) style ninjutsu, and that she inherited Raidou's ability to steal fighting styles from other fighters.
- Honoka has a knack for utilizing her buttocks as part of her attacks.
- Interestingly, two Honokas facing each other in combat can engage in a "Rock, Paper, Scissors fight" using their taunts. Likewise, Rock beats Scissors, Paper beats Rock, and Scissors beats Paper. If it's a tie, both are knocked back.
- Honoka Fu's mimicry of various fighters' attacks is given a brief nod in her character introduction episode in Dead or Alive Xtreme Venus Vacation, where she mentions she's very good at mimicry.
See also Edit
|Grappling||Close quarters combat • Combat Sambo • Counter Fiend Combat • Lucha libre • Professional wrestling|
|Striking||Baji quan • Ii Style Leg Strikes • Karate • Mizong yi • Muay Thai • Ninjutsu • Pencak Silat • Pigua quan • Taekwondo|
|Internal||Daitō-ryū Aiki-jūjutsu • She quan • Taiji quan • Xingyi quan • Xinyi liuhe quan • Zui quan|
|Full contact / Combat sports||Mixed martial arts|
|Self-defense / Combatives||Systema • Tengu-do|
|Eclectic / Hybrids||Anti-K’ Arts • Honoka Fu • Jeet Kune Do • Street Fighting|