We have to grow stronger...
This article/section is in need of improvement. If you have a good knowledge of the subject, feel free to add your information to the article. Once improvements have been made, this notice may be removed.
Things are shaping up nicely...
This article/section is currently under construction. The information on this page should not be considered as accurate or complete. Please remove this tag if this page hasn't been edited recently.
Honoka Fu is Honoka's self-taught fighting style.
Broken down, it seems to be an amalgam of various martial arts, including baji quan, pro-wrestling, pigua quan, she quan, taiji quan, zui quan, Jeet Kune Do, karate, taekwondo, xingyi quan, lucha libre, Combat Sambo, close quarters combat and ninjutsu. While she is capable of copying the various martial arts by sight similar to her father Raidou, it is not a perfect replication. This is especially evident in her first encounter with Ayane in Dead or Alive 6 , where she attempts to mimic Ayane's Mugen Tenshin (Hajinmon) style ninjutsu, only to end up landing square on her rear end.
Aside from it copying various fighters' abilities, her style also incorporates a bit of "Rock Paper Scissors" into the moveset (with Rock aiming low, scissors aiming high, and paper being the middle).
|Dead or Alive 5 Last Round|
- From her Hissatsu-no-Kamae (lit."Fighting Position of Annihilation") stance, Honoka's throws (Big Bang and Giant Swing ) possess the animations of Raidou's throws (Jinrai-Horaku and Tenho-Gorai-Sho, respectively).
- If one notices Honoka's right hand, it emits a red aura similar to her father, Raidou's, whenever she enters her Hissatsu-no-Kamae stance, and during the use of her Exploding Fist attack. Also, during the close-up sequence of her Power Blow, both of her hands emit red aura.
- It is heavily implied that Honoka inherited Raidou's ability to copy fighting styles from other fighters.
- Honoka has a knack for utilizing her buttocks as part of her attacks.
- Interestingly, two Honokas facing each other in combat can engage in a "Rock, Paper, Scissors fight" using their taunts. Likewise, Rock beats Scissors, Paper beats Rock, and Scissors beats Paper. If it's a tie, both are knocked back.
|Grappling||Close quarters combat • Combat Sambo • Counter Fiend Combat • Lucha libre • Professional wrestling|
|Striking||Baji quan • Ii Style Leg Strikes • Karate • Mizong yi • Muay Thai • Ninjutsu • Pencak Silat • Pigua quan • Taekwondo|
|Internal||Daitō-ryū Aiki-jūjutsu • She quan • Taiji quan • Xingyi quan • Xinyi liuhe quan • Zui quan|
|Full contact / Combat sports||Mixed martial arts|
|Self-defense / Combatives||Aikido •Systema • Tengu-do|
|Eclectic / Hybrids||Anti-K’ Arts • Honoka Fu • Jeet Kune Do • Street Fighting|