Dead or Alive 6 (also known as DOA6) is the sixth main versus-fighting installment in the Dead or Alive franchise. It was announced on June 8th 2018 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. It was released on March 1st, 2019. It also planned to be in Arcade too.
Running on a new engine for the eighth generation of consoles, new features include visible damage on the fighters during the course of the fight. New mechanics introduced are the Fatal Rush and Break Gauge while the sweat effects from Dead or Alive 5 return and are more pronounced.
"After a sinister incident in a village… Kasumi, a successor of the legendary Mugen Tenshin ninja clan, abandoned her clan and became a “runaway ninja,” secretly living in a hermitage in a mountain village.
Meanwhile, Helena Douglas, president of the new DOATEC, is involved in an incident… The sudden of an individual with special powers sent shivers down her spine…
And yet another…. A so-called genius chuckles at a mysterious light emitting an aura…
Behind a quiet time, a sinister plan is set in motion. The passing days are about to be unduly overturned due to an open desire.
As Kasumi writes to her mother, her pen overflows with hesitation. …It’s not over yet."
- Brad Wong
- Ryu Hayabusa
- Helena Douglas
- Jann Lee
- Marie Rose
- Tina Armstrong
- Bass Armstrong
- Lisa Hamilton
- Phase 4 (DLC)
- Nyotengu (DLC)
The Power Blow and Power Launcher from the previous game have been removed. New is the Break Gauge which sits under the life bar, starting the first round half-full. It can be used in various ways with the button (or ):
- Fatal Rush (): A chain of up to four high strikes that will put the opponent into a Fatal Stun. If the meter is full, the combo will finish with a Break Blow.
- Side Attack ( while or ): A quick attack that can be done while side-stepping. Requires 25% of the meter as of version 1.05.
- Break Hold (): A hold that can be used against any type of strike: high, mid, or low. Requires half of the meter.
- Break Blow (): A powerful strike that goes through the opponent's attack. Requires a full meter.
The game retains the 4-point hold system which has been standard since Dead or Alive 2, while including the option for a 3-point hold as in Dead or Alive Dimensions. The system in use will always be displayed under the timer.
The juggle Ground Bounce system is also being enhanced for this game.
See also Edit
- It was originally planned to be released on February 15, 2019, until it was delayed two weeks to "further polish its balance, gameplay, and expressivity."
- According to the developers, it does not feature the five characters who were first exclusively introduced in Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 updates, namely Venus Vacation and Scarlet, claiming that they "weren't fighters".
- On a related note, the developers also indicated that Momiji and Rachel are not in the game due to their ties to the Ninja Gaiden franchise, and also implied that they're considering adding Gen Fu in the future.
- If fighters are hit with a Break Blow, this will cause a new mechanic where outfits that have the ability to rip will become torn, or shirts or jackets will be removed as if ripped off. Characters who also have tied hairstyles will have their hair untied loose and hats and other accessories will be removed as well.
- Characters in the game can receive bruises and wounds from battles, however, this can be disabled in the options.
- Characters only have one intro and win pose currently, with intro dialogue changing depending on if the characters have a relationship of some sort with one another.
- If you move the camera around after a win pose, the defeated character will be in their lose pose. Previously you could hear them panting, but as of the beta, you can only hear them if you use a certain button to change the camera focus to the defeated fighter.
- Dead or Alive 6 is the first game whose menus won't have a camera view of any of the playable stages displayed in the background (The playable fighters will be displayed instead). It is also the first game whose character selection menu will have its own theme since Dead or Alive 1.
- The characters that were first introduced exclusively in the Dead or Alive 5 updates, from Ultimate to Last Round, but had no role in that game's story mode will be part of the plot of the 6th tournament (although in the case of Phase 4, it was more the mass-produced versions rather than the prototype from the DOA5 updates).
- This is the second Dead or Alive game where the moves in the Command Lists have no names, the first being Dead or Alive: Dimensions.
- Dead or Alive 6 is the first in the series to have a recurring Guest Fighter, namely Mai Shiranui.
- On a related note, it is also the first game to have story modes attached to DLC characters.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ https://www.gamecity.ne.jp/doa6/news180928b.html
- ↑ https://teamninja-studio.com/doa6/us/news190215b.html
- ↑ https://twitter.com/DOATEC_OFFICIAL/status/1137647270025936896
- ↑ https://twitter.com/DOATEC_OFFICIAL/status/1082442449795141633
- ↑ https://www.dualshockers.com/dead-alive-6-wont-feature-new-girls-dead-alive-xtreme-venus-vacation/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter